Friday, August 10, 2012

Good-Bye Summer Linking Party

I am linking up with Peterson's Pad for her Good-Bye Summer Linking Party.  I don't want to say good-bye but it is time.  It has been a great summer!


Here's the rules:
*Share 4 things about your summer!
1: a place you visited 
2: a book you read (either for fun or for school)
3: something you did or made for your school class
4: a fun thing you did
*PLEASE comment on the 2 links before you and the 1 after you.
 
Here We Go:
 
1. A Place I Visited:
 
Well, we didn't go on a vacation this summer because we are saving $ to take our little boy to Disney World for the first time at the end of September.  We did try to do some local things that were fun.  One thing we did was visit Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa, FL.  It was a neat place but it was SUPER hot and SUPER busy.  We only stayed for a few hours because the heat and the crowds became unbearable.  The best part was feeding a giraffe.  So fun!

This was our Giraffe...isn't he cute?

2. A Book that I Read

Several of my friends said I had to read this series.  So I did.  I had a very hard time with the first one.  YIKES!!  Not my kind of thing at all.  But, I loved the 2nd book and I adored the 3rd.  Once you get passed the weird stuff, the love story is amazing!  I can't wait to see how they turn this into a movie. 

I have to admit I read nothing professional, unless blogs count :)

3. Something I did or Made for my Class

Thanks to 4th Grade Frolics and her Monday Made It's, I have made a ton for my classroom.  I posted some of the things in my last post and I will post more for my next Monday Made It.  I am going to share a sneak peek of the clip chart I am making.  I am so excited to implement it this year.  I have always used a stoplight so this is something new and fresh and I love that it has a positive spin to it.  I still need to cut the board and add the pretty ribbon, but here is what it looks like right now.





I forget where I got this clip chart from.  I am going to try and figure it out before I post the finished product on my Monday Made It post so I can give credit and thanks.  I can't wait till it is done.  I am so scared to cut the board.  I have to have my husband do it because I know I will screw it up.

4. A Fun Thing I Did

The most fun thing I did was to go on a roller coaster with my son for the first time (his first time, not mine).  He is 2 1/2 and he has been dying to go on a roller coaster since the first time we took him to Busch Gardens.  We measured him this time and guess what?  Exactly 38"!  Just perfect for the Grovy Coaster.  Hearing him laugh the whole time while he was grasping my hand for dear life was precious.  I love being a mom and being able to share these moments with my son.

                                 Finally!
                            That's us in the 1st car.



So, my 3 faithful followers, link up and join the fun!   Let's kiss summer good-bye together!

See ya later!

Tamara








8 comments:

  1. I love your behavior chart. Disney will be so much fun next year.

    Mrs.G's Kindergarten in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  2. You now have a 4th faithful follower! I love this post! Your little one is adorable and leaves me feeling reminiscent of my children's younger days! Savor every moment!!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your cute blog & I am a new follower!! I am excited to follow along & share ideas!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo...I just became your 7th follower! =)

    Your little one will LOVE Disney...I still do! =)

    If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up. It sounds like you had a great summer! I'm your newest follower.
    Sheree Peterson
    Petersons-Pad

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading about your summer! Disney will be worth the wait : ) I also read the 50 triology and totally agree with you! Glad to become your 9th follower...I'm new to blogging too!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Tamara!
    I am your newest follower and I just gave you a blog award! As soon as you get a chance, hop on over to my blog, pick it up, and pass it on! :)
    Megan
    Teacher Wife

    ReplyDelete